How to Prevent a Player From Playing You
It’s kinda sickening but there are many players in the dating world.
These are un-evolved devoid souls that have no issue with hurting and betraying others. It’s disgusting. (Mind you, they will still seem nice in ways but don’t let that fool you!) When you are a good person it is difficult to comprehend the despicable nature of players. With all the players out there (most of whom are men but some are women), you must know exact methods of keeping them out of your life. Then you have room for someone good to come into your life instead!
Use these following methods to prevent yourself from getting caught up with players
- Get familiar with the signs of players/users, so that you do your best to not get into dating one in the first place. See this article for a list of things to look for.
- Become very in love with yourself, to the point where you don’t let others hurt you. This is being well-aligned from the inside out, and when you are this way you don’t put up with bull$#@&! See this article on how to really love yourself.
- Call at random times to just say hi and see how they’re doing—you can and should do this even in early stages of dating! This puts pressure on a player and lets him know he’s not going to be able to play you, which usually makes him end it with you. There are certain feeling-less players who won’t care what you think so they will just not answer the phone sometimes—don’t let that go. A person who is caring and cares about you will do their best to answer or get back to you quickly. In these days of texting, it can be easier for players to play because of their ability to hide. Take the texting-only cloak away!
- Be nosy about his phone. Pay attention to it if he pulls it out to look something up. You don’t need to rush in to see it, just calmly look at it. I used to have a habit of looking away from a guy’s phone out of respect for his privacy and an honor of trusting him. But don’t do that! He does not have your honor and respect until he’s proven over time his character. And this is one way to see his true character. Also, with a little time, learn his passcode as well, just to know it. If he is private about his passcode, that’s a huge red flag to leave! If he has more than one phone, keep in mind that’s a red flag for cheating regardless of the reason he gives you for why he has it!
- If you are exclusively dating someone ask about their social media and to see it. I actually think this should be broached before becoming exclusive. Look at what they post, who they follow, who follows them, any messages. Some men go on IG everyday and follow a 1,000 porno sluts on there. Some men go on IG once a year or less and don’t follow scuzziness. Who do you want to date? If you want a big clue into who a guy is inside, this is a good one! Of course, if there’s any hiding of it or making excuses for why you two can’t be open about that stuff, that’s a huge red flag to leave!
- See where he lives—and actually inside, duh! If you haven’t been to his place, definitely don’t develop any feelings for him. It is unbelievably shocking how many men there are out there who date women while already living with someone. He may be living with her, he may be married. Pitiful guys usually try to line up a new woman before they leave someone, or they just try to have multiple women at once while lying to them all. Sometimes a player will say his “roommate” is out of town and have you over. Or, he’ll claim he is separated or separating from his live-in girlfriend or wife, but this is often not even true! Even if it were true, of course you should stay far away from someone who’s not fully separated from someone else.
- Get to know the character of his parents. The mindset of one’s parents is often one’s own mindset or at least part of it. If the man who raised him is a swinger opening drooling over other women even though he’s been married to his wife for 30+ years you can bet the son will not be a devoted angel of love to you. (Even if he appears “different” from his parents.) Same with his siblings and closest friends—what they are like is a good representation of a guy’s true inner qualities.